Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Goober Alert!

Yes,
I am such a goober, I admit it freely and openly. On Tuesday morning I went to Wal*Mart with my friends Terri, Chaos, and Isabelle. On the way there I spied a Borders and badgered them into going inside with me. They were very good sports and went in without pretending not to know me. They were even sweet enough to take a picture of me with my book! I was rather excited.

I'm sure the folks at Borders wondered what the heck I was doing, but they were understanding enough to let me sign their copy of my book and they even said they'd put it on display!!! It was very cool to see my book on the shelves of a store across the country from me. Of course I couldn't walk out of a bookstore without buying something so I picked up a hysterical book called BOYS WILL PUT YOU ON A PEDESTAL (SO THEY CAN LOOK UP YOUR SKIRT) A DAD'S ADVICE FOR DAUGHTERS.
by Phillip Van Munching
Since my husband is the very nervous father of 3 girls I figured this was a good book for him. I of course read it before I gave it to him, hahahaha. It was a fabulous book that reminded me a lot about things my father had taught me that I never listened to until too late. It was really amusing and I hope my girls will take some of the advice to heart since it's not coming from their parents. Maybe I'll hide it and tell them they CAN'T read it, which will ensure they do, hahahaha.

Later on that night I went to Catherine Mann's book signing at Walden Books where she was signing CODE OF HONOR. That book TOTALLY ROCKS! Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. Love thos military men! I also couldn't resist trip to Claires where I bought some cool fairy stuff which I have since lost. I should not be allowed to have money in my pocket. . .
While at Cathy's signing I couldn't help but look to see if they had BHB on the shelves, and what do you know, they did!!! Two different book stores had my book! I was so excited!
I was even more excited when Anna DeStephano bought it! Talk about exciting! She was one funny lady and I had a great time meeting her.

Oh, I also won a book at Cathy's signing, WORTH EVERY RISK by Dianna Love Snell, who was also there. The book KICKED BUTT as did the author. Dianna, and I later found out her husband Karl, are wonderfully funny and so very sweet. I had a great time laughing with them during the confrence. It seems like at every conference I meet new friends that I then don't get to see until the next conference. At least Anna, Dianna, and Cathy are going to RT in May. That should be exciting!

If I can figure it out I'll post a picture of me at Waldens, one of my friends sent it to me and I don't know if I can get it up loaded. I'm such a computer guru. . .
NOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home