Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Done! Done! Done!

I'm done I'm done I'm done!!!!
I finished the first draft of my novella!!! Yippee!!!!! I still have to go through it again, send it to my cp, go through it and fix the things she finds. (I tend to have comma trauma) and send it off to my editor for EVEN MORE EDITS, but I'm done writing the story!!!

As usual, it didn't turn out quite the way I planned. For some reason my mind never wants to follow any synopsis I write ahead of time. It feels compelled to change the ending of my books no matter what I think is going to happen.

But hey, it's usually better than what I had planned so I'm not going to complain!

I'm now gearing up for RWA (anyone in the Reno area?) and trying to scramble around and figure out what to wear. I don't really fit into anything any more (has that stopped me from stuffing my face??? Nooooooo) and I'm doing a presentation, moderating my friend's presentation, and going to the Harlequin party for the first time. Since I have a book with them I kind of want to make sure I don't look like a big dork.

Actually, I figure the editor who has my book will probably send out the rejection before she leaves for the convention and then there will be that really awkward moment where she wonders if I got it or not and feels really uncomfortable around me.

Man, that's one heck of a run on sentence? Yup, I'm an author AND an English teacher, can't you tell?

I'm going to leave directions with my husband to call me immediately if any envelope bearing a Harlequin or Silhouette return address comes in. . .

I need to find some way to blog in the car. I come up with really great ideas when I'm no where near a computer. Honest, I can be witty! I just don't show it often. . .

Okay, I must try to figure out what I'm wearing next week, all I have to do is get through this week, hahahaha. . .
Ari

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said…

    And I hear you've got one heck of a gorgeous date for the Harlequin party...

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home