Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

No pearls of wisdom here. . .

Yes Miss Kate,
I'm still alive and I haven't killed anyone either. Not that it hasn't been tempting. . .

I haven't blogged lately for two reasons. . .
1.) I'm darn busy and am trying to bust my buns so that I can finish my novella before I leave for Reno for the RWA National Convention. If I don't finish it in the next week or so my editor is going to be very unhappy with me.

2.) It seems to me that my blog entries are all whining and since I don't like listening to my children whine I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to me.

When I had started blogging I had thought about giving out pearls of writing wisdom, or at least filling people in on what exactly a writer's life entails (it ain't champagne and roses obviously). Instead, it seems to me that I have used this forum as my own personal bitch session.

Hey, it's cheaper than therapy!

My hope is that by sharing a slice of my life any struggling writers out there will know that being an author doesn't mean I sit around in my silky nighty with a feathered pen writing sex scenes. Not that I'd be opposed to that life style, especially if it came with several boy toys who would wait on me hand and foot. . .

But, I digress. . .

I don't know if anyone reading this is struggling to be a published author or not. I do know some of my buds who ARE writers (much better than me, by the way) read my blog. I guess it's easier than listening to me complain in person, hahahaha. As far as I know, none of them write in their silky nighties with a legion of boy toys waiting to fulfill their every need. (But hey I could be wrong, Mary? Kate? Leigh?)

That's not to say I haven't written in my pajamas before. In the winter I tend to stay in my comfy flannel pajama pants, sweatshirt, and leave my glasses on as long as I possibly can. In fact, the night I heard from EC that they wanted to buy Rebel's Lust I was in just such an outfit. I'm sure the folks passing my house on the street were just amazed as I did the happy dance in the kitchen looking like that.

My children were completely unimpressed.

But I digress yet agan. . .

Anyway, for all of you who listen to my ramblings, thanks for taking a moment or two to share my life. I hope if nothing else my life makes yours look much more relaxing, hahahha

I'll let you know when the novella is done. I have about ten thousand more words to write, but who's counting??

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    If I had a legion of boy toys knocking on my door, I'd be out of that silky nightie pretty damned quick, Ari, and I wouldn't keep them waiting while I slaved at my computer. I'd have my wicked way with them and then send them out on errands for me, or ask them to clean the house, while I wrote.
    :-)

    I live in the Keys. I write in a t-shirt, shorts, bare feet. If it's a weekend, I'm probably bra-less. That's as sexy as it gets, girlfriend. *g*

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Arianna Hart said…

    At this point I'd be happy just having someone clean my house and watch my children for two hours so I could have some peace and quiet! I could care less about having my wicked way with anyone!!!

    How long is summer vacation?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home