Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Just say NO!!!

I need to learn to just say no! I usually tell people I'm a pretty lazy person, but I realize I'm not so much lazy as over-extended. I do want to help people out, but I think I might have SUCKER written on my forehead because I keep doing things I don't really want to do. Things I definitely don't have TIME to do, and things I probably am not qualified to do.

Case in point. I teach high school. Why? Because little children in large numbers scare the bejeezus out of me. They're all so needy and touchy and it makes me nuts. Therefore, I don't like to volunteer in the classroom. I don't WANT to know what's going on there, that's why I pay high taxes to have my children go to good schools. Do I end up volunteering in the classroom anyway? Yes. Granted, I'm more likely to offer to bring something in than help out, but I get suckered into the dreaded elementary classroom more often than I'd like.

Second point. I take karate. Why? Because it's just about the only sport I can do. I'm very klutzy and can trip over my own two feet very easily. Did I ever play soccer in school? No. Do I know anything at all about soccer? Not much. Am I coaching my daughter's soccer team in the fall? Yes. Does this make sense to you?????

I need to learn to say "No, I'm sorry, I don't have time for that." I'm good at saying no to my children, but it hasn't worked real well saying no FOR my children. Luckily I've managed to stay under the radar with the PTO or I'd be in BIG trouble!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend. I'm going to bust my butt on Saturday to get the house clean and the yard work done so I can power lounge on Sunday. I really need to get my edits done tomorrow too so that I can get Enchanted Door back to my editor and get a release date for that sucker. Oh, and I need to do edits on Sable Flame and write my novella. And did I mention summer school is starting Tuesday?

Oh yeah, I need a day to recharge my batteries before I totally burn out. Don't bother to call me on Sunday, I'll be in a POWER SLACK!!!!

Take care!
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home