Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ari, the speaker

Hey everyone!
I meant to get my RWA adventures down before I left for vacation but that didn't quite happen, so I'm blogging from CAPE COD!! I'm on the Cape with my three daughters so my brain cells are dying by the second. Please bear with me while I try to revive a few and form coherent sentences.

Okay, let's see. . .
Wednesday night after the book signing I changed out of the dress from hell and met up with my fellow EC authors for a little get together. While sitting there talking to this great group of ladies my lack of sleep finally hit me and it was all I could do to make it up to my room before I passed out. My roommates were more than a little surprised to see me in bed before dawn. . .

Thursday morning I gave my workshop on fire fighter/EMT speak and I think it went pretty well. There were some things I wish I had said or done differently, but overall I think I got my point across and didn't look TOO much like an idiot. I even wore a suit for the occasion! I'll try to post a picture of me doing the "professional" thing.

Later Thursday night my roommate Kris Star and I stopped by THE GATHERING, the FF&P chapter party. From there we went to DEATH BY CHOCOLATE, the Kiss of Death chapter party. I have never seen so much chocolate, it was incredible. From there we went to the eharlequin pajama party. That was much fun catching up with folks that I visit with on the e-harlequin message boards. I'm still figuring out how to download those pictures here. . .
And then from THERE we went dancing. I think we were out until around 2:00. There's something to be said about a hotel that has bars and restaurants open twenty-four hours a day.

Hey, I couldn't be professional ALL day now, could I?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said…

    Oooooooh, I love Cape Cod! Nothing like Miami in August to make me long for the salty shores of the cape. It was great seeing you at both the Gathering and Death by Chocolate. I always thought "too much chocolate" was an oxymoron. Then I went to that party. What WERE those while chocolate things filled with creme?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home