Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Revenge of the dress. . . or the dress part deux

If you've been following my blog you know I barely escaped with my skin intact after struggling mightily with my dress before packing it for Nationals.

Well, the dress struck back. . .

I wore what I call my "June Clever" dress to the book signing. I thought it stood out and looked demure and pretty. It was a tad snug, but I was sitting so it wasn't too noticable. Plus I wasn't wearing a bra so it kept everything "in place".

As some of you may know, I get a little bit excited about book signings. I love seeing everyone and it totally geeks me out when someone I don't know buys one of my books. Granted, most of the books I sold were to people who know me, but hey they still shelled out the cash for my book and it was awesome.

Anyway, as I enthusiastically jumped over my table to hug people the dress picked that moment to get its revenge. Remember the little tooth of the zipper I cut to make sure it didn't stick again? Well, that turned out to be a pretty necessary tooth. As I hugged one of my friends, the entire zipper let go.

That was absolutely the wrong day to try out thong underwear. . .

Luckily for me, one of the friends I was hugging was wearing a sweater which she quickly handed over (Bless you Tanya!) and I was able to hide the fact that the only thing holding up my dress was the tie around my neck. Needless to say, that entire zipper is getting replaced the next time I go to the cleaners!!!!

My friend sent me a picture of me in the dress from hell, but I can't get it to download right. I'm working on it though so you should be able to see it and laugh.

Tomorrow, the saga of my first attempt at giving a workshop. . .

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Breezy said…

    Oh goodness, Cat. Only you!!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    Holy mother of god! I would have died! Would I replace the zipper? Ummm, I'm thinking I would burn the dress instead.

    I miss all the fun stuff lately. ;-)

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said…

    ROFL - well, ya still looked great. hag. don't don't think i've ever seen you look baaaad.

    and i'm sorry i went to the PRO retreat that morning - wish i'd gone to your workshop. (sigh)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home