Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

What happens at RT SHOULD stay at RT, but. . .

I'm going to dish all the deets I can remember about the conference here!
Now, a word of warning, some of the stories may have a slight exaggeration to them. I'm a writer, it's my job to give the truth scope (thank you Kathy Love for explaining that to me!) You'll have to decide how much is truth and how much is scope. . .

The conference officially started on Wednesday the 27th, but my friends and I flew in on Monday the 25th. RT conferences are so jam packed with things to do that there is no time whatsoever for visiting before the craziness begins. Plus, having the extra day to check in and get settled helps me feel ready to tackle all the exciting events.

Okay, that's crap. I just wanted to go early to visit with my friends and have adult conversations with people I only see once or twice a year!

So, we get to the hotel around 3:30 by the time all was said and done. After checking out the rooms and getting freshened up, we had some supper and waited for the rest of our party to arrive. Well of course we waited in the bar, it was conveniently located near the front doors so we could see everyone. (scope alert!)

Well, by 9:00 when our friends arrived, we were in FINE form. As we waited for our buddies to arrive we talked and laughed and met up with some other folks who were there early as well. It was a great deal of fun. Something to note though is I'm a loud, obnoxious laugher. When I laugh it isn't a lady-like twitter, it's a full blown, belly laugh. Needless to say, a drunk Ari is even louder than normal and we were quite the spectacle.

When I tackle hugged Kathy Love and Mary Stella in the driveway of the hotel, it was even worse.

This was the calmest night we had all week, and I think we didn't go to bed until around 1:00 or 2:00 am.

I'm setting this up for you so you'll understand how the rest of the week played out, things only got more fun from here on out. . .

More details later this week, and pictures too!
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home