Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Stressing

Okay,
does anyone know a sure fire cure for relieving stress besides a trip to a tropical beach somewhere? Cause I can't afford to run off to a deserted island with the cabana boy, but man do I wish I could.

I'm stressed. I'm beyond stressed. I went by stressed about 100 miles ago. I am in overstress warp drive right now. I feel like I should have Scotty in the background going "She can't take it any more cap'n! She's breaking up!"

I've tried diet and exercise to deal with stress. That worked for maybe an hour. Then I tired poor eating habits and booze to deal with stress. That worked pretty well actually, but I felt guilty.
Meditation?
HA! With three kids in the house? I no sooner sit down then I have one of them screaming at the top of her lungs for me. Ghandi couldn't remain peaceful in my house. . .

Forget meditation, I need MEDICATION. Where are those darn Valium pills when you need one?

I think if I see one more flash card/science fair notice/fund raiser/worksheet in the next day the tendons in my neck are going to snap like over tuned guitar strings. And people tell me I'm so lucky to stay home with the kids!
HA!!!
Right about now I'd pay someone to let me work outside of the house for 8 hours. . .

I'm telling you, I don't know if being a stay at home mom is good for my kids or not. Honestly, I think one of us is going to end up in therapy.

If it's me, I hope they have a nice comfy couch. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home