Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Monday, May 23, 2005

And people wonder why I love conferences. . .

Hello everyone!
First, I need to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who sent cyber hugs to me! Honest, I wasn't trolling for sympathy-- not that I'll turn it down though! All your e cards and smiles and hugs have really helped me through this rough patch.

Speaking of rough patches. . .
Okay, so I'm at the hospital waiting for my dad to get out of recovery (his surgery went GREAT!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the prayers!) and my Nextel blips, it's my husband who's been home all day with the girls.
"I just want to say, it's not my fault."
Now, as any wife/mother knows, those are words to strike fear into the heart of any absent mother.
"What isn't your fault?"
"I was only in the shower ten minutes. The girls were watching a movie, I thought it was safe!"
My anxiety level is now through the roof. It was pretty much red-lined by the surgery already, but this was enough to send me into near collapse.
"What happened?"
"Honest, it was only ten minutes."
"Just tell me!!"
"Well, the girls were watching parent trap and Macayla decided to cut Shannie's hair."
"How much?"
"All the curls."

Now, you need to understand, my daughter Shannon is three and has -- had-- very little hair. It had just started to grow to a very cute little mop of curls in the last six months.
She now looks rather like Annie Lennox.

And people wonder why I love running away from home and going to RT and the like!!
At least my dad got a chuckle out of it.

So far my husband is three for three in the hair cutting department, but at least the other two times the girls cut THEIR OWN HAIR.

And to think I need to write fiction, it's saner than my life!

Thanks again everyone!!!
Ari

3 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Breezy said…

    Ari, I shouldn't laugh but...LOL!

    Hugs and stuff!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Mary Stella said…

    Oh gosh, Ari. I know it must look bad right now, but at least her hair will grow back. Glad your dad's surgery went well.

    By the way, I tagged you! Go to my blog for the questions. *g*

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I didn't see this post till just now, but I cannot help but laugh.

    Poor Mom!

    I remember my stepsons coming over one weekend at the oldest (about sixteen at the time) had let his younger brother (about twelve) take a razor to his head to carve out his football jersey numbers. He decided to have them displayed just over each ear.

    We did a lot of blinking at the older one, and a lot of taking it in from all angles, then finally managed, "uh, what exactly is wrong with your head?"

    To say his younger brother was NOT an Artiste, is an understatement.

    Hmmm, will have to remind that kid of that sometime soon. When he gets all cocky and MANLY. Tee hee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home