Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Friday Morning . . .oy

By Friday morning I was a hurting unit. I'd been living on two hours of sleep a night, and I'd had more to drink than I normally do the night before. It was also my last day at RT and I was feeling really down. I knew I had to pack and organize my stuff, but I didn't want to miss anyone, and I was worried about timing. Needless to say, I wasn't my usual charming self.

Also, at some point last night I had lost my name badge holder that had all my pins on it. One of which was a special fairy pin my best friend made for me before my first conference. I was heart broken over that. Plus, my tickets were in my badge holder, so I couldn't get into lunch either. Things got a little worse when I realized I'd lost my diamond earring too. It was a tiny little diamond, but it had been a wedding present from my husband and losing it really upset me.

I kind of walked around in a daze for the rest of the day. All my business cards that I'd been given were in the holder too, so I was bumming over that as well. By the time I sat down to get something to eat, I was tired, sick, depressed, and really bumming about going home. I ended up sitting down with a great group of women who really shook me out of my mood. One total stranger heard my tale of woe and gave me this beautiful bracelet that she'd just bought to make me feel better. It really did to. I never got her name, so I feel like an ingrateful wretch because I should have sent her a thank you note.

That's the best thing about RT, total strangers are there to help, and you can make some of the best friends ever there.

I spent about an hour trying to say goodbye to everyone, it was very sad. Everyone was getting ready for the Out of this World party and the Vampire Ball, and I had to leave. Poop.

I had such a great time at the conference that it was really hard to leave early. I'd crammed as much fun as I could into my 5 days, and by the time I got home at midnight, I was exhausted! My husband picked me up at the airport and complained the whole way home. He has a new respect for me being home with the kids, that's for sure!!

The thing that I remember most about RT is that there were just so many of my favorite people there. I made new friends and got to meet a lot of new people. I wish I had more time to spend with folks because it felt like no sooner had I started a conversation than I saw someone else I had to tell something to about something else. I honestly don't think I finished a conversation the whole week, but I sure laughed a lot!

I can't wait until RT 2006 in Daytona, I won't be leaving a minute early!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home