Arianna's Blog

Come listen to the ramblings and assorted babblings of a crazed mother and newbie author. It might not always be helpful, but it should be amusing.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Thursday Morning. . .

I'm so excited someone is actually reading this!! Yippee!!
Guess I should worry more about spelling then. . . whoops!

Okay, Thursday morning. I get up after about 4 hours of sleep and head down to the hospitality suite. My shift is supposed to be from 8:30-10:30 am. This is what I get for telling Jennifer Martin that I'm a morning person and don't mind doing the morning shift. ACK!!! The night before I'd been up dancing until I dropped, and now I'm waiting in the lobby for them to open the doors to the hospitality suite.

Except, they aren't opening. It doesn't open until 10:00. I got up, showered, dried my hair and put on make up FOR NOTHING!!! I was kind of depressed to say the least. To battle my depression I entered the contest for one of the capes Mary Wine made and was raffling off. OH MY GOD THESE SUCKERS WERE GORGEOUS!!! I didn't win, but I told her I wanted to commission one. I'll have to email her again. . .
Anyway, I hung around and chatted to people, there were so many people I wanted to talk to that it was hard to get to everyone. I was also trying to cram in a week of fun into 4 days. I did my best. . .
Thursday kind of flew by in a blur, in fact, I'm forgetting great big chunks of it. This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep, I operate in a daze. I swear anyone who met me must think I'm a total ditz. I honestly had not one braincell left.

Well, that night was the Costume Ball, and it was great fun!! There was a dessert bar and it had some fabulous chocolate. Man, I could have rolled out of there. Unfortunately, my dress was so tight already if I ate too much I'd have split the seams.
I was wearing a red dress with white gloves. Well, I took the gloves off to eat because I didn't want to get chocolate all over them. Idiot that I am I put them in my lap. Well, I was talking to someone and wiped my fingers on my white gloves!!!!
D'OH!!!!
You can dress me up, but you can't take me anywhere. . .
Sitting with us was the lovely Lisa Stoddard who made her own very cool costume. They were having a costume contest, and I told her to go up there and enter. She didn't want to because she's rather shy and modest. Well, we forced her to go up AND SHE WON IT!!!! Not only is she gorgeous, but a talented author and can make clothes. If she wasn't so nice I'd have to hate her for having all that talent!!!

After the costume contest the dancing begun, and that's where things got a little rowdie. I hooked up with Beth Ciotta, Jewell Mason, Lori Armstrong, and Mary Stella from Medallion, as well as my roommate Kathy Love. We danced and danced with Heather Graham's son Shane- who is a fabulous dancer by the way, and several of the cover models. A great time was had by all.

Afterwards we ended up in the bar, where apparently I behaved rather badly. By this point I had been drinking a bit more than I should have after only eating chocolate and apparently I was rude. I really hate it that that happened, because overall I had a great time at RT and I hate to think I alienated anyone or was mean. Sigh, maybe some day I'll learn to shut my trap. . .

Anyway, a whole big group of us stayed out until the wee hours of the morning and closed down the bar. It was my last night at RT and boy was it a dozy!!!

Okay, going off in search of pictures, hee hee hee. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home